Every one of us is different and it is these differences that will make BOC stronger by encouraging creativity, innovation and problem solving. As such, we are committed to increasing diversity within the company and to create a culture which is more accepting of differences between people.
BOC has implemented actions to encourage greater diversity:
- We ensure that we are always legally compliant by making employment decisions that are free from discrimination;
- We seek to broaden the range of candidates from which we make our recruitment selections to ensure we attract the best talent;
- We have created flexible work policies which are supportive of the needs of a more diverse workforce and help employees achieve a better balance between work and home.
BOC aims to maintain a competent, flexible and quality-conscious workforce. To this end, the company intends to select the best available person for every vacancy, regardless of sex, race, colour, religion, marital status, ethnic origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. At the same time, we aim to provide all employees with the opportunity to develop long-term careers appropriate to their abilities and ambitions.
BOC is committed to the consistent application of our recruitment and induction processes to ensure the best possible outcomes every time.
The processes we apply are based on principles of:
- Merit – matching the best skills, qualifications and experience for the job
- Assessment against behavioural indicators relevant to the Linde Group
- Diversity – bringing fresh points of view to BOC
- Compliance with relevant legislation
BOC will comply with the relevant legislative requirements regarding minimum age for employment and minimum employment terms and conditions as set by relevant industrial instruments.
During the recruitment process you may be asked to prove your identity and demonstrate your entitlement to work in Australia and New Zealand.
The screening process will involve the following steps; interviews, assessment testing, background checks, driver assessment (for BOC facility vehicle with the job) pre-employment medicals, reference checking and working rights. All these are done under strict confidentiality guidelines inline with our Code of Ethics.